Finished Gatsby Girl

Sorry for the unintended blog break – I got bored with the posting of sleeves and such, and then life kind of got in the way of blogging. I have been knitting, though, and I did finish Gatsby Girl. Pattern: Gatsby Girl from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK in Opulence (521), 8.5 [...]

First sleeve!

I’m making great progress, though the 1×1 ribbing is definitely taxing: I’ve started the second sleeve – the rather extensive finishing for this sweater is right around the corner!

On a mission

I want to wear Gatsby Girl now. As in, right this second. I fixed the upper back Friday during class, and started the front. I made lots of progress on the front in class on Saturday, and finished up the front at Knitsmiths on Sunday. I quickly dove into the first sleeve, a mind numbing [...]

Gatsby Girl Issue

I’ve been silent this week due to lots of homework and no knitting. I turned in my last assignment last night, and sat down to knit for an hour on Gatsby Girl. Upon closer inspection, though: I knit the same lace row twice in a row waaaaay back near the cables. *sigh* One option was [...]

Gatsby Girl progress

Despite the rough start, I had put down Gatsby Girl all ready to start the mindless knitting. Luckily, the second time I did the set-up row I had done it right. I worked on Gatsby Girl at KnitSmiths yesterday – I got a lot done, and I am so in love with the yarn! The [...]