After removing and reattaching the collar edging twice, and sewing in my new sleeve caps, I had this much improved version: The sad part? It has to come out again (though I can save the collar edging, and you better believe I'll be taking really, really good notes before I rip). The problem is that this sweater creates armpit fat: I know it doesn't look too bad (look at the circle on the side with the sleeve), but that's as good as it gets. As I move, the fold gets bigger. The problem is that the decreases for the arm on the front and back are too shallow. On the arm with the sleeve, I drew a line in where the seam should be, and on the other side, you can see where that extra fabric is pooching out. So, I could finish up the seaming and weaving in, declare myself a NaKniSweMo winner, and go on to the next thing. But I really do love the way this sweater is turning out, despite the issues, and I want it to be as good as I can possibly make it. I'll wait a few days to make sure (no impulse ripping), but I'm reasonably sure that I'm going to remove the sleeve, remove (but save) the collar edging, rip out the collar, undo the shoulder 3 needle bind-off, rip to the armholes on both the front and the back, and redo it all, getting rid of 5-6 more stitches on each side. Am I a perfectionist? Yeah, kind of. But this sweater will be worth it. I went back to the pattern photo, and now that I'm looking for it, I see the problem is not unique to me: It's a lot easier to see in the full pattern page (pg 71, Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007, #11 High Neck Pullover), but under the model's right arm, she's got the armpit thing going on and the shoulder seam is too far over. If you look at the left arm, it looks like the excess fabric is tucked in her armpit, causing a crease higher up (though it's hard to be sure due to the shadow). While I'm on the tricky photography, I should mention that the sleeves have to be pinned - as written, they aren't that fitted at the forearm. Knitting a Vogue pattern right after it comes out is really like test knitting. I knew what I was getting in to, though, so I'm not as annoyed as I probably should be, considering how much work I'll have to redo. Luckily the yarn (Shelridge Farm Soft Touch DK) is a pleasure to knit with, and is standing up to the ripping and re-knitting very well. If I ever do a new Vogue pattern again, I'll spend a lot more time with the schematic (available as a PDF here) and the picture. I was expecting things like individual rows written out wrong (found in the front and the crochet motif), but I have to admit, I forgot to really sit down and think about all of the shaping.